Sunday, May 18, 2008

Burmese Days

Burmese Days is a personal favorite of this reviewer. In all honesty if I could listen to one band for the rest of my days, there would be a few contenders but Burmese Days would be the favorite to bet on. They are the archetype of British new wave, minimalist music. When delving into their pool of work for the first time, I was besotted. I can honestly say that I was absolutely smitten with this band. Their musings can only be described through their own lyrics. 'Every story has a sting and yours is impending.' Their sting will certainly have a long lasting effect on anyone that comes across them. Songs like 'Early Hours' and 'Giving Up On The Girl' will have you wanting more and more. This is the type of band that no one could truly dislike, even if it isn't your style, you will enjoy listening along.

Having heard Burmese Days' newest release 'Heaven Sent' I can say this is Burmese Days at their finest moment, and I didn't think they could get much better. This new wave-esque song is so delightfully poppy that nothing compares. The tune is so amazingly catchy, that once you hear it you will be addicted. This band is well worth the listen.

Burmese Days (myspace)

No comments: